As Guide Environmental:
- Representing conservation organizations in national and international forest certification standards and policy negotiations.
- Drafted and reviewed content for a website to inform sustainable corporate purchasing.
- Lobbied local government officials to secure sustainable fuels sourcing provisions.
- Developed metrics to evaluate paper companies’ environmental and social performance.
- Surveyed major companies to identify their perspectives on the strengths and weaknesses of existing and potential supply chain tools.
- Prepared a guide to negotiating “Habitat Conservation Plans” under the Endangered Species Act.
- Evaluated the strengths and weakness of new forest certification standards and programs.
- Researched and prepared a report evaluating a new biomass certification system.
- Provided expert review of corporate procurement policies and model (template) sourcing language.
- Assessed the prospects of biomass and biofuels markets in the West Coast US.
- Researched opportunities for a prospective conservation campaign.
- Evaluated opportunities for improving the practices of conservation organizations’ partner companies.
- Drafting and editing reports on forest management and certification topics.
- Providing strategic counsel to various conservation campaigns.
Resume available on request. Over twenty years’ experience managing and conducting programs for public policy and market based conservation, with projects encompassing government relations, corporate engagement, report research and writing, media outreach, and coalition building, including in the fields of state forestry policy, third-party certification, corporate sustainability, Endangered Species Act legislation and implementation, federal and state climate policy, development of cooperative federal and state stewardship programs, environmental impact assessment, etc.