As Guide Environmental:
- Serving on a technical working group for the update and revision of the forest management standards of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) United States.
- Co-authored a template and instruction manual for development of High Conservation Value (HCV) Frameworks for FSC International.
- Researched and prepared draft HCV Frameworks for twenty-three countries and regions, on behalf of the FSC.
- Provided strategic guidance to a leading green building standard system, including with regards to environmental stakeholder perspectives, conflict resolution, and metrics for evaluating natural resource management.
- Identified, mapped, and interviewed environmental and social stakeholders in North America and Europe to support the Sustainable Agriculture Network’s stakeholder engagement plan and to identify strategic opportunities.
- Drafted and negotiated FSC international indicators for responsible forest management, and guidance for HCV forest management, currently covering 485 million acres globally.
- Drafted policy recommendations for managing risk in certified forest product supply chains, in consultation with manufacturers, retailers, auditors, and environmental and social experts.
- Represented environmental stakeholders in a risk assessment and control measure development process.
- Provided guidance and technical support to an independent academic review of certification programs.