As Guide Environmental:
- Assisted a F1000 global information management company in developing a sustainable paper procurement policy and implementation plan, supplier questionnaires, and a sourcing risk assessment.
- Evaluated options for carbon offsets and offset providers for a snowsports equipment manufacturer.
- Drafted a responsible wood sourcing policy for an international consumer products company, and assisted their suppliers in identifying compliant wood from North America.
- Assisted an international standards firm with environmental stakeholder relations, communications material review, and strategic guidance.
- Designed a strategic roadmap and laid the ground work for an NGO/business sector coalition for a company developing a climate change mitigation product.
- Produced metrics and web content for purchasing department and sustainability executives to evaluate environmental and social performance of paper suppliers in a globally high-risk region.
- Drafted policy recommendations for managing risk in certified forest product supply chains, drawing on a survey of manufacturers, retailers, auditors, and environmental and social advocates.
- Drafted sustainable paper, packaging, and wood procurement policy language for major office products retailers, outdoor apparel and products companies, home furnishing retailers, banks, and shipping and logistics companies.
- Drafted supplier questionnaires and communications to assist companies in implementing their wood and paper supply chain objectives.
- Developed the first model corporate policy for responsible low carbon fuel sourcing.
- Advised over fifty major companies on forest product sourcing decisions, forest certification systems, and biodiversity and climate topics.
- Drawing upon independent supply chain researchers and local stakeholders, provided risk assessments of prospective paper and packaging suppliers.
- Produced an annual sustainability ranking of the office supply sector.
- Produced comparative analyses of forest product certification systems.